Friday, July 30, 2004

"Living in Utopia"

While I was at work on Sunday, July 25, I let my mind whirl a little. The following is from what I wrote in my binder that night. :

I let my mind drift a little over the overcast weekend, when I was not thinking about Ashley. For those who know (me), I tend to live in the present; but, I decided to let it run in utopic mode. It was good to clear my mind from a weekend of miscommunication.

Whether it be here in New Jersey or in Ashley's Arkansas, and with enough capital, I would start a combination news agency and luncheonette/cafe. Since this is utopia (which is what many liberals live in), I have the money. I would like to have it on Main Street, or the main artery downtown, so that the locals can have a place to buy a morning paper or two, have a cup of tea or coffee, and have a morning conversation, whether they are heading to work or just reminescing about the old days. You don't see it that much anymore. I would also have a couple small areas where they could listen to talk radio, which I would control. Imagine going to a place where folks could listen to the likes of a Glenn Beck, Laura Ingraham, Rush Limbaugh, and Sean Hannity. I would probably call it the Conservative Cafe.

Yes, I would be behind the counter serving drinks and greeting the folks. Maybe I could have Ashley do the cooking, if she wants to . She says that she does good in the kitchen, I will have to wait and see. In it would be a section with recliners or rocking chairs for the lifelong town "historian" to share stories of the past. They are the types of folks I gre up around with, and I always love a good story.

The way I see this unravel, it would make a nice grassroots forum towards running for municipal government. You have to start somewhere.

No comments: