Friday, July 30, 2004

A Week in Review- "Me"

Hi, everyone! It seems like a bit has happened over the past week. All in all, I am glad that the end of the week has finally arrived. I will discuss some about Blogging in Boston and Poetry Corner in separate postings. Here, I will do a simple synopsis of some of the "me" events.

I received an e-mail from one of my best friends from both grade and high school, John Sander. It was a blessing, since I have not seen him since our classmate and friend, Dave Logar, left us in 1998. John now lives outside of Houston with his wife of two years, Keri. What I would do to meet them right now. My other co-best friend, Sam Haines, will be getting married soon. I am happy for both for them, and I am certain that this dog's day will come some day.

Ashley and I have been together for one month yesterday. I am enjoying it very much, despite the distance. While I am thinking of her, her sister, Angie, gave birth to a seven pound, five ounce, 19.5 inch baby boy at 4:21 am. She did not give me a name. Lucky for Ashley, Breanna, and Dylan, they are heading up to Kansas on Sunday. ... BREAKING NEWS... Since her and I are big NASCAR fans, Casey Mears just won his first NASCAR Nextel Cup Pole at Pocono Raceway. He is the nephew of legendary driver Rick Mears. Congraulations, Casey!

Overall, my body is very stressed out right now. I rubbed myself with Icy Hot on my arms, neck, and back. I will do my best to take it easy this weekend.

I will be glad when July leaves us tomorrow. Hopefully, the month of August will be dry as a bone. I have seen enough rain, Mother Nature! Please, if you can hear me, keep us dry so that the towns of Medford Lakes, Medford, Lumberton, and my old hometown, the Southampton/Vincentown area rebuild in an expedited manner. Less rain would be appreciated.

No comments: