Friday, August 13, 2004

My Love for "The King", Part II (Continued)

Before I reveal my list from the 1970's, I will try to focus on the ones he did in the studio. As most know, he spent a good part of the time in concert. Good money generator (especially Col. Parker), but a lack of creativity of pure material.

The 1970's List

The Wonder of You
I've Lost You
The Next Step Is Love
Life
I'm Leavin'
Love Letters (1970)
Cindy, Cindy
I'll Never Know
This Is Our Dance
Just Pretend
Burning Love
Always on My Mind
Fool
It's Impossible
The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face
An American Trilogy (Elvis On Tour/ Aloha From Hawaii versions preferred)
Polk Salad Annie
Until It's Time For You To Go
Sylvia
My Boy
And I Love You So
Thinking About You
You Asked Me To
Hurt
Moody Blue
My Way
Mary In The Morning
Twenty Days And Twenty Nights
If You Don't Come Back
Sweet Angeline
Girl Of Mine
I Got A Feelin' In My Body
A Thing Called Love

Post-1977

The Elvis Medley (1982)
A Little Less Conversation (2002)
Rubberneckin' (2003)
I'm A Roustabout (originally recorded in 1964)

Final words

This is not all of them, just blurting on my part. Not bad, is it? I did not include, for the most part, his gospel or christmas music because they are almost a given by fans and non-fans alike.

I am not the world's biggest Elvis expert, but I can answer almost any questions that you may have. Your best shot of getting the information you might need is Rockin' Ron Cade, host of the "Elvis and Friends Radio Show", heard every Sunday morning from 7-10 AM on 98.1, WOGL-FM, in Philadelphia. You can go to www.wogl.com to e-mail him. It is a great station to listen to.

I will share more Elvis stuff , as time allows me. As Elvis would say, "Thank you, you're a beautiful audience. Thank you very much."

Bill

1 comment:

Kenny said...

Nice list there. You did forget a couple of tracks re-released or re-recorded after he died. I remember that in the late 1970's, "There's A Honky Tonk Angel (Who'll Take Me Back Home Was)" was a hit and the re-recorded "Guitar Man" was a hit in 1981. I had forgotten all about the Elvis Medley from 1982!