Thursday, February 10, 2005

Random Thoughts regarding St. Valentine's Day

I learned a few tidbits from Monday through Wednesday about Valentine's Day, by listening to "Passion Phones" with Mary Walter, on New Jersey 101.5 (WKXW-FM, Trenton, NJ):

- 73 percent of men send roses to their significant other on Valentine's Day.

Bill's Comment: Come on guys, step up to the plate. Saying that just having you around her does not qualify as a gift, regardless of personality.,

- 15 percent of women will send something on Valentine's Day to themselves.

Bill's Comment: I am scratching my head on this one. I am trying to figure out why one would do such? I am guessing that these folks will be on a future episode of "Dr. Phil".

Personally, I would rather be flying solo rather than be in a bad relationship., and

- Ninety million roses are delivered on Valentine's Day.

Bill's Comment: That comes out to 7.5 million dozen roses. At an average, overhyped price of $80.00 a dozen, that comes out to six hundred million dollars, which equates to approximately twelve percent of the estimated budget deficit for the State of New Jersey ($5 billion).

Of course, any one that happens to date Scott Peterson will receive three dozen roses and two bottles of booze. Oh, I forgot. He is incarcerated now, where he belongs.
--------------------

To me, it is nothing more than a "Hallmark holiday", whether I am attached or not. Besides, you should you only tell somebody how you feel about them one day out of the year? When I was with Ashley, I made sure to say the words, "I LOVE YOU!" every time we communicated.

All in all, I hope that you have a great day, regardless of your take on it.

Bill

No comments: