Sunday, September 04, 2005

Thoughts from Bill

Good Day Everyone,
Before I begin, I would like to wish everyone a wonderful holiday weekend. To the victims of Hurricane Katrina- Hang in there, my friends. Better days lie ahead. You will get through this. Your fellow Americans are keeping you in thought, as the citizens will do their part in lifting you up. Just as the events of almost four years ago, most of us will become better individuals.

As you may have seen in a prior post, Chief Justice William Rehnquist succumbed from cancer late Saturday night. I had just gotten home from work, and posted it as soon as I saw it. It could make things interesting as far as the hearings for nominee John Roberts, Jr. begin this week. I hope that the process will be both fair and expedited. In a way, I hope that President Bush makes the annoucement soon as to whom he will nominate to the role of Chief Justice. Personally, I hope that it is either Justice Antonin Scalia or Justice Clarence Thomas. Even if he was to name one of them to Chief Justice, he would still have to nominate somebody to fill the vacancy left by his passing (former Solicitor General Ted Olson, maybe?). The bottom line is that it is entirely up to President Bush, since he is The President, and he can nominate WHOMEVER HE FEELS IS QUALIFIED for the post.

In the precarious and confusing times we are currently facing, this is not the time for posturing by some of the more blowhard, do-nothing politicians. (I will save the rant on those folks for another posting.) Stay tuned to the hearings when and if possible, because it would give the youths of America a good and valuable lesson in Civics and American government.

Again, have a wonderful, extend holiday weekend!

Bill

No comments: