Saturday, September 22, 2007

Weights & Measures

This post has been one in the waiting; but, it is better late than never. Do not worry- it has nothing to do with neither math nor education. I just want to put some thoughts on cyberpaper.

In regards to the weights, I am happy to announce that I am now down to 204 pounds, as of earlier today. This is not bad at all, considering that I tipped the scales at 235 on New Year's Day. My goal is to be at 200 by the end of this year. Right now, it definitely looks reachable. I hate to say it, but I really have no secrets on how I did it.

I am not on one of those advertised diets you hear or read about in any mass media. The only aid I have taken throughout this is a spoonful of Evercleanse. For the first month I had it, I took it according to instructions. Yes, the love handles have disappeared, and most of the spare tire has gone, too. If I was able to do stomach crunches, then the abdomen section would like tighter. However, since I have osteoarthritis in my neck, right shoulder, and right clavicle, I will err on the side of caution and not do them, at least he way we did them in school.

I have tried to practice common sense throughout the weight loss process, which I will share. I am going to post them as they come off of my head. I am not a nutritionist, so you may also want to ask your doctor.

1. I usually drink, at least, one 32-ounce sport bottle of ice cold water. I literally pack the bottle with ice, and then fill it with the water. This helped to catalyze my metabolism.,

2. I limit my trips to fast-food joints like McDonald's, and have a pizza once a week. As far as the pizza goes, a lot of it depends on the toppings. If I order from a chain store like Papa John's, I usually will gun for the grilled chicken. It depends on my mood. If I order from a mom-and-pop shop, I almost always order a white pizza with broccoli. Since I am considered at-risk for hypothyroidism, the less salt I have in my diet, the better.

3. For breakfast, I try to alternate between cereal, oatmeal, and scrambled eggs. You really can't go wrong with any of these. I usually will mix maple syrup with the oatmeal. If I should a slice or two of toast, I will spread peanut butter instead of butter/margerine.,

4. The only time I really snack is getting something out of the vending machine at work. Granted, all of the products are either sweet or salty, but I just pick my battles with it. I do have microwavable popcorn here at home, but I rarely get the craving to munch it down., and

5. For my lunch break at work, I almost always eat something that is either home-cooked or is as simple as the great American staple, PB&J.

For the record, I do have a subscription to Men's Health magazine. If I have a girl over and she wants to read, BE MY GUEST! Every issue tends to have something for everybody. Their magic formula for weight management success is the acronym ABSDIETPOWER. I will have to get back to you later as to what each means, because I honestly do not remember all of them at this time. Besides, I want to get into the "measures".

I just got done watching the Busch Sereis race on ESPN2. I would not be surprised if the ratings are less than expected. Why? For most of the race, it seem like they were waving the caution flag every ten laps. I kid you not- I was dozing off, even tough Jamie Little was one of the pit reporters. Denny Hamlin won the race despite battling the flu. Jersey boy Martin Truex, Jr. finished second.

Sorry for that tangent, but I wanted to get it off while it was still fresh in my mind. The measure I wanted to reveal is that I am in the early stages of trying to find a job closer to home. I do the papers on the overnight, which I deliver in my current hometown. It is also part of the reason as to why I have lost the weight I have mentioned earlier. My full time job is in Pennsylvania, and the commute has been starting to take a toll on me, physically, besides me busting my hump on a daily basis. Yes, you can include the $10.00 a week for tolls, on top of the mileage and fuel. I know my father has suggested that I ask for a transfer; however, it would be more of the same. Yes, I would be a mile or two closer to home, but there are other issues involved, which I will not mention in this domain.

Besides security, I do have some experience in the following: Customer Service, Data Entry, Retail, Accounts Receivable, and stocking shelves at a supermarket. Yes, I do have my resume posted on a job website (won't mention it here), so I will keep both my eyes and ears open. If I could find something in which I could do it from home on my PC, the better. (I know I am not the only one who thinks such.) I have a great work ethic,a nd I am able to work independently. I will say that I do not work well with a micromanageable type. To me, it means that an individual like that has issues of some degree.

I apologize for making this post as long as NJ 101.5 Meteorologist Alan Kasper's weather forecasts, but I had a lot to share. Thank you for reading. Take care, and have a great day!

Bill

No comments: