Monday, June 02, 2008

Congressional Incumbents & Candidates Solemnly Pledge This:

Source: http://www.justinmichaelmurphy.com/Platform.html

Congressional Pledge

I, (INSERT YOUR NAME), offer this written commitment to the people of (INSERT YOUR STATE)’s (INSERT YOUR DISTRICT NUMBER) Congressional District, with the intention to promote a clear understanding of my belief system, and where I stand on the issues. Therefore, I pledge the following:



  • Advocacy for an aggressive approach to the War-on-Terror. The hard truth is that America was attacked by radical Islamic terrorists in November of 1979 at our Iranian embassy. America was continuously attacked by radical Islam throughout the 1980’s and 1990’s. September 11th was a culmination of decades of attacks by Islamic terrorists. Terrorists have made it clear by their words and actions that they seek to exterminate us the same way Hitler sought to eradicate Jewish people in Europe during the 1930’s and 1940’s. Human development is being threatened by terrorists, and I believe failure is not an option. The gravity of this threat cannot be understated. The lessons of September 11 are clear; we need to always remember them, and honor those that perished that day.


  • Advocacy for regaining control of our immigration system. I believe Americans want our borders secured. Understanding this, I believe we should continue, and hasten, the construction of the fence along our southern border. I also believe in securing our northern border with Canada, and drastically reforming our VISA system to be able to track VISA holders including students. I believe in withholding federal aid to cities that declare themselves ‘sanctuary cities’. I support section 287 (g) of the INA (Immigration & Nationality Act) to permit more state and local law enforcement involvement in immigration issues.


  • Advocacy for Pro-Life policies. I believe our government should promote a culture that values innocent human life. I support the Hyde Amendment, parental notification, the ban on partial birth abortion, and pro adoption policies. I support adult stem cell research. I oppose embryonic stem cell research.


  • Advocacy for Traditional Conservative Values. I believe Marriage should be defined as the union between one single man and one single woman. I support an amendment to the U.S. Constitution to protect the traditional definition of marriage. I believe in voluntary school prayer. I believe English should be America’s official language.


  • Advocacy for a Flat-Tax. I believe America needs a system of taxation that provides economic security for our middle-class, social mobility for our working poor, reward for business and job creation, and risk taking. As citizens, our relationship with the federal government is defined by our system of taxation. When government takes excessive amounts of what we create and earn, that relationship is strained. I advocate a Flat-Tax rate of 15%, eventually sliding down to 10%, to promote the economic growth needed in coming decades as we face more potent global competition. I believe we should abolish the capital gains tax in its entirety, and all estate and death taxes. When you leave this earth, the IRS should not follow you.


  • Advocacy for Health Savings Accounts. I agree with those who want universal health coverage for Americans, however, I adamantly oppose government-run healthcare. I believe every American should own a Health Savings Account. I believe the principles of privacy, quality, accessibility, and affordability should be the basis for any healthcare related policy.


  • Advocacy for Second Amendment Rights. I will oppose any attempt by the government that threatens to take away our Constitutional right to bear arms and protect ourselves, our families, and our property. I support the death penalty.


  • Advocacy for excellence in education. I am pro education; we have no future without a vibrant public education system. I believe strongly in school choice and competition between schools as way to strengthen our public education system. Competition works, and has made the American economy the most successful known to human civilization. I advocate the complete abolition of the Federal Department of Education, and that their budget of 69 billion dollars be equally divided among the 50 states and District of Columbia, solely for public education funding. This would inject over 1.3 billion dollars directly into public education for each state. Specifically, each of (INSERT YOUR COUNTY) County’s (INSERT NUMBER OF TOWNS) towns would receive approximately 1.5 million dollars for public education. This would provide a real solution for (INSERT YOUR STATE)’s problem of over-reliance on property taxes to fund public education.


  • Advocacy for complete energy independence. I believe we should develop the 1000 trillion cubic feet of natural gas and the 131 billion barrels of oil that is estimated to be located right here in America. Specifically, the 16 Billion barrels of oil and 60 trillion cubic feet of natural gas that is located off the continental shelf. Trillions of dollars of assets that could be added to our economy are instead being sent overseas greatly aggravating our trade imbalance. Tens-of-thousands of blue-collar union jobs are not being created because we refuse to develop our own energy supplies. I want to create wealth for our economy, and create these jobs so our middle class has the economic opportunity and security they deserve. America has, in shale oil, three times the amount of proven oil reserves that are in Saudi Arabia. We need to safely extract these resources to forever end our dependence on foreign oil, especially from the Middle East. I also support the development of alternative fuel production and technologies and further development of solar and wind power.


  • Advocacy for serious fiscal discipline. I want to establish a Grace Commission, similar to the one President Reagan created in 1981, to identify waste, fraud, and beauracratic duplication. Then, the results will be submitted to congress in a manner similar to the successful BRAC (Base Realignment). Congress would vote up or down on the recommendations. BRAC was successful in removing waste from the DOD budget; we need to do the same for all federal spending. I support a Balanced Budget Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.

No comments: