Wednesday, October 01, 2008

McCain Uses Bill Clinton in New Ad by Fin Gomez

Source: http://embeds.blogs.foxnews.com/2008/09/30/mccain-uses-bill-clinton-in-new-ad/

September 30th, 2008 6:22 PM Eastern

Des Moines, Iowa- In a new ad today, released by the McCain Campaign, Bill Clinton makes an unwitting appearance (via soundbite from a TV interview, apparently) to help McCain’s argument that while he called for stronger reforms on Fannie and Freddie, Democrats( and Obama by association) were hesitant to do so.


(FROM THE AD)PRESIDENT BILL CLINTON: “I think the responsibility that the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards and tighten up a little on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.”





ANNCR: John McCain fought to rein in Fannie and Freddie.


The Post says: McCain “pushed for stronger regulation”…”while Mr. Obama was notably silent.”


But, Democrats blocked the reforms.


Loans soared.


Then, the bubble burst.


And, taxpayers are on the hook for billions.


Bill Clinton knows who is responsible.


PRESIDENT BILL CLINTON: “I think the responsibility that the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards and tighten up a little on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.”


ANNCR: You’re right, Mr. President. It didn’t have to happen.


JOHN MCCAIN: I’m John McCain and I approve this message.

No comments: