Saturday, May 17, 2014

"Ask Me" on Facebook

Good morning out there, everyone! Yes, it has been a while since I have posted on my own blog. There is no time like the present, right? I will try to keep this one brief, as I am just looking for feedback from the blogosphere.

I recently noticed on Facebook that, on your profile page, you can place an "Ask" box on just about any subject on your profile. For example, in regards to one's relationship status, you can place the "Ask" box rather than listing it (married, divorced, in a relationship, etc.) When you click on the box that says "Ask", it takes to a box as if you are sending a message to the recipient. Within the box, it states as to why you are asking? In most cases, is it not obvious? Is there now a form of social networking shyness that I am not aware of? This is a comment from somebody that is known as "the shy one" of the family.

I will spill a little of my guts here, figuratively speaking. I will admit that I would be interested in meeting one of my Facebook friends. Her relationship status has the "Ask" box. Should I hit the box and submit a brief explanation, or should I just keep it to myself? Without overthinking it too much, one could take it in a couple of different ways. For one, it could like casting a fishing line into the water, and waiting to see if a fish will take the bait. On the other hand, it could be like the deli line at your local supermarket- take a number, and wait your turn.

If you were in my shoes, what would you do? How would you approach this? Thank you for taking the time to read. I wish you a wonderful weekend!


-Bill

No comments: