Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Barry Manilow's 1975 Jingle Letter To Press

Source: http://scootertalk.blogspot.com/2006/06/jingle-letterbarry-wrote-letter-to.html

JINGLE LETTER


Joyce Comments: A letter Barry Manilow wrote to the press in 1975 clarifying which jingles he wrote and sang on was apparently included in his 1976 press kit. The letter follows:

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen of the Press:

This is me, Barry. I am sitting here, hunting and pecking, because there is something very important that I would like to clear up.

Over the years there's been some confusion about my involvement in the commercial industry. Before my records began to break, I participated in a few dozen jingles. I had a great time, learned a lot and moved on. Recently, I've begun to get credit for writing just about every jingle ever written. I guess that's because in my stage act, I don't stop and break down credits for all the jingles in my commercial medley. So I am about to give you a break down of which commercials I did what to. Please read carefully.

And if one more person gives me credit for writing that stupid MacDonald's jingle, I will not be responsible for what I do with my next Big Mac.

Thank you,
Barry

Kentucky Fried Chicken - Sang
Bowlene Toilet Cleaner - Wrote, arranged
State Farm Insurance - Wrote
Stridex - Wrote, sang
Chevrolet - Wrote, sang, arranged
Dr. Pepper - Sang
Pepsi - Sang
Jack-in-the-Box - Sang
MacDonald's - Sang
Band-Aids - Wrote, arranged



Originally posted 6/12/2006 10:18:00 AM

No comments: