Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Denise Begley, EMT, Delran Emergency Squad

40 Under 40 Begley

Denise Begley of Delran is a EMT for Delran Emergency Squad and has been selected for the Burlington 40 Under 40 class of 2014.


Source: https://www.burlingtoncountytimes.com/article/20140707/NEWS/307079725

What high school/college did you attend, and what did you study?

Delran High School, Class of 1994, Rowan University, Bachelors in Communications 1998

What community organizations do you spend time on/with?

I am a Life Member of Delran Emergency Squad, having been a member for 21 years. I have been a full time career EMT since 2000. I also work part time as an EMT for Medford EMS since 2000.

What single characteristic do you feel every leader should possess?

Good listening skills. “When you talk you are only repeating what you already know; But when you listen, you may learn something new,” Dalai Lama.

What is your most fulfilling professional experience or accomplishment?

I obtained Life Membership of the Delran Emergency Squad in 2013 after 20 years of membership and almost 9000 calls.

What one person, living or dead, would you want to spend a day with and why?

I would like to spend a day with any of my grandparents, all of whom are deceased. They all passed away before I was old enough to appreciate the time I spent with them.

Tell us something that most people don’t know about you.

Even though a large part of my job is talking to people, I am actually quite shy.

Advice for future community leaders?

Anything can be accomplished if you don’t care who gets the credit for getting it done.

Tell us your own personal mission statement.

My personal mission is to live a positive, inspired and purposeful life; to use my knowledge, talents, skills and empathy to earn: the love of my family; the companionship of my friends; the respect of my peers; and to help others help themselves.

Fiction or non-fiction? Why?

Fiction because there is too much “reality” in my career and sometimes it’s nice to be able to step into another world for a little while.

Where do you see yourself 10 years from now?

In 10 years, I would hope that my husband and I have retired and/or relocated to Tennessee.


No comments: