Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Dear Abby 1981 Column From Manilow Fan

Source: http://scootertalk.blogspot.com/2006/08/dear-abby-indianapolis-news-december.html


DEAR ABBY

Indianapolis News
December 15, 1981

Dear Abby

By Abigail Van Buren

Dear Abby:

I recently attended a Barry Manilow concert, and I haven't been able to get him out of my mind since. Abby, I am perfectly in tune with all the feelings Barry expresses! All my life I've had the feeling that God put me on earth to love and fulfill the needs of someone like Barry Manilow, someone who has everything in the world but happens to be very lonely. Please don't get me wrong. It's not the money, fame or glamor I'm looking for. I just want to devote my life to someone who wants more than anything in the world to be loved for himself, but has never found that person.

If Barry is involved already, I would like the chance to make Burt Reynolds happy. In spite of his macho confident manner, I sense that Burt is also a very lonely person who needs love.

I am not a fat, ugly old woman who has never had a date. I am 22, attractive and have no trouble getting dates. I just need help to do what the Lord wants me to do.

Can you help me meet Barry Manilow or Burt Reynolds?

Signed: Needs An Introduction....

~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Needs:

Superstars such as Barry Manilow and Burt Reynolds work very hard, and their schedules are so demanding they have very little time to become lonely. However, if the good Lord wants you to meet either one of these gentlemen, trust him to provide the introduction.



Originally posted 8/11/2006 09:09:00 AM

No comments: